Off-Campus Education Masters Programs
One Night Per Week • 5 Connecticut Locations
Call (800) 956-8503 or email
Graduate Information Office
(800) 956-8503or email
You have just taken the first step toward obtaining your Master's Degree at the University of Saint Joseph, one of the most popular cohort programs in Connecticut.
I am committed to helping you through the application process. I can be reached at (800) 956-8503 or firstname.lastname@example.org Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it is my job to help you in any way that I can.
By clicking the NEXT button below, you will be taken to our Student Information Packet. This link contains detailed information about the programs including our step-by-step admission process, program requirements, and course descriptions.
You are now ready to start the application process. Please keep in mind I am here to help you, feel free to call or email with any questions you may have.
Welcome to the University of Saint Joseph!
Financial Aid & Pay-As-You-Go Plans
There are 2 ways to pay for the University of Saint Joseph's cohort Master’s Programs; Financial Aid or a "Pay-As-You-Go Plan.”
My team and I are here to help you with this. This part of the process can often be confusing for students. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding this. I can be reached at (800) 956-8503..
The majority of our students use financial aid to pay for the program. While many students mistakenly think that they won’t qualify for financial aid, there are Stafford Loans available that are not based on need.
I have included step by step directions below regarding applying for financial aid and how to enroll in a pay-as-you-go plan.
Earn Your Master's Degree
In your area one night a week.
Curriculum & Instruction
(Advance your planning and teaching skills across the curriculum)
(Develop skills for working with students of varying abilities, grades K-12)
(Align your instruction to create a 21st century classroom)
(Focus on meeting the reading needs of all learners, grades K-6)
Special Education Master's w/ Cross Endorsement
(Complete requirements for Comp. Spec. Ed. K-12 Cross Endorsement)
Special Education Master's w/ ASD Graduate Certificate
(Enrich your career and gain proficiency on the topic of Autism Spectrum Disorder)
Want to learn more about these programs and how to apply?
Click here to see a schedule of upcoming information meetings.
Entire Program Conducted In or Near Your School
- In or near your school
- One night a week, same night for the entire program
- 4 hours per week, 4:45 to 8:45 p.m.
- 2 years or less completion time, including breaks
- No weekend classes
- Course make-up options available
- No thesis required; comprehensive exam in lieu of thesis
- Transfer credits considered
Reduced Tuition for Teachers
- Tuition is guaranteed throughout the program.
- Financial aid & "pay as you go" plans are available.
- Student loan payments may be deferred until program completion.
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness of up to $5,000 is available for teachers who teach for five years in low-income schools and meet other requirements.
TEACH Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 per year to teachers who intend to teach in a K-12 school that serves students from low-income
families. This program applies to specific subject areas.
Accredited Quality Programs
- University of Saint Joseph (USJ) is a non-profit university that is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- USJ School of Education is accredited by the National Council on Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- All programs are approved by the Office of Higher Education
- The Cross Endorsement option meets the Connecticut State Department of Education requirements.
- USJ is ranked in the Best Colleges of Regional Universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report in 2014.
*The repayment example set forth above is for illustrative purposes only and was calculated based on a standard amortization Federal Stafford Loan assuming a loan amount of $14,850, a payment term of 10 years, and a fixed interest rate equal to 5.41%. Loan amount of $14,850 is based on the total tuition price for the Master of Arts in Education degree for the 2013-2014 school year. Your total loan amount may vary based on program selection. The loan calculator used in this example is available at studentaid.ed.gov. It is your responsibility to verify your eligibility by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov. All loans are subject to federal student aid guidelines. The actual interest rate may change periodically based on federal regulations. If you elect to defer payments until graduation, loan interest may accrue during deferment.